1. Information about us
www.brightnetwork.co.uk (the ‘Website’) is operated by Bright Network (UK) Limited (“we”, “us”, “Bright Network”).
We are registered in England and Wales under company number 6386360 with a registered office at 5th Floor, Goldsmiths House, 137 – 141 Regent Street, London W1B 4HZ.
Bright Network provides career-related information and targeted employment suggestions.
Part of the Website is hosted in the UK and part in the US with Salesforce.
2. Terms and Conditions
The following information applies to every page on the Website, whether or not such pages individually contain a disclaimer notification. All disclaimers, terms and conditions as set out in this Website shall form part of these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”).
Bright Network makes the Website available to each individual who registers with, and has their application accepted by Bright Network (a “Network Member” or a “you”), subject to these Terms and Conditions. By entering this Website each Network Member accepts these Terms and Conditions, which results in the creation of a binding contract between us and you, and is confirmation that you are eligible to read the information on this Website. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions and do not intend to be bound by them, you must not use this Website.
Bright Network reserves the right to reject any application, without limitation, for any reason it sees fit.
These Terms and Conditions may be changed from time to time. Your continued access and use of the Website will mean that you agree to be bound by the most current version of the Terms and Conditions.
3. Eligibility to use the Website
By using the Website, you represent and warrant that:
- all registration information you submit is truthful, accurate and up to date; and
- your use of the Website does not violate any applicable law or regulation.
Network Members should be aware that we may block or delete your profile and/or cancel your registration if we believe that any information is incorrect or inaccurate or if we have received a complaint about your use of the Website. [More details can be found in our Community Policy.]
4. Fair usage – what you are allowed to do
The Website is made available for your use in connection with your participation with Bright Network. As a result we undertake that:
- You may make transient or cached electronic copies of parts of the Website or print a copy of any page of the Website for your own research purposes;
- We will set up a Bright Network profile to record your activity, personal information and career preferences; and
5. Keeping the Website safe and what you’re not allowed to do
Bright Network undertakes to use reasonable endeavours to keep the Website safe for all Network Members and Website users. In order to achieve this, Network Members are not allowed to:
- Make copies of any part of the Website, except as expressly set out in in these Terms and Conditions;
- Use access to Bright Network or its content to generate income of any kind, except the income gained through accepting an offer of employment brought to your attention by Bright Network. Any other use of materials on the Website (including, without limitation, reproduction for a purpose other than that noted above and any modification, distribution or republication) without our prior written permission is prohibited, and;
- Use any data or information made available on or by this Website in connection with any business or commercial undertaking (whether or not for profit);
- Send or otherwise post unauthorised commercial or ‘spam’ communications on Bright Network;
- Upload viruses or other malicious code;
- Post content that is hateful, threatening, pornographic, or that contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence, or that is defamatory or untruthful material or material which breaches another’s right to privacy;
- Offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes on Bright Network without our prior written consent;
- Use Bright Network to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory;
- Do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of Bright Network, such as a denial-of-service attack;
- Facilitate or encourage any violations of these Terms and Conditions by any third party, whether or not a Network Member
If a Network Member threatens the Website safety, that Network Member will be wholly and solely responsible for any subsequent losses incurred as a result; this includes but is not limited to any losses incurred by Bright Network, its partners and appropriate third parties, any losses incurred by other Network Members or by individuals viewing the Website.
On becoming a Network Member and expressly agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you consent for us to share your information within Bright Network. Only with prior consent will we share your information with companies registered as partners and clients of Bright Network, as well as selected third parties deemed appropriate by Bright Network.
If we speak to you on the phone we may playback the call for internal quality and training purposes. We never share these call recordings with 3rd parties.
7. No warranty and reliance on information included within Website
We do not make any representations, warranties or terms of any kind in respect of this Website or its contents (including, without limitation, any views or comments expressed by any Network Member) other than those required by us or implied by law.
All information and/or data included in and/or on this Website is made available for guidance only. Your use of such information and/or data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
Opportunities and events listed on the Website are subject to availability and to any selection criteria that may be adopted by us or by our partner organisations from time to time. When an opportunity or event is applied for, an event is held or information is supplied by a partner organisation, our role is that of intermediary between the Network Member and the relevant organisation and not as agent. We will do all we reasonably can to ensure successful delivery by the organisation but we do not act as agent for that organisation and we accept no liability for the standard, quality or any other aspect of any services or material supplied by the organisation or for any failure by the organisation to honour an event or offer of opportunity or to make available a specific event, opportunity or piece of information.
Events, opportunities and information offered or supplied by a partner organisation are offered and supplied subject to the terms and conditions, including limitations of liability, fairly and properly imposed by the partner organisation and validly notified to the Network Member.
The Website may also include links to external websites and/or services owned and/or operated by participating companies and/or third parties. These are provided for your convenience and we accept no liability for and do not give any warranties or make any representations regarding any such websites and/or services and are not responsible for or liable in relation to the content or your use of such websites (other than to the extent required or implied by law).
8. Limitation of liability
This paragraph sets out our entire liability (including any liability for the acts and omissions of our officers, employees, consultants, agents and partner organisations) to you in connection with the Website and for any breach of these Terms and Conditions, statute, representation, statement or tortuous act or omission arising under or in connection with the Website and these Terms and Conditions (an event of default). Your attention is drawn in particular to the following:
- Our liability to you for death or injury resulting from our negligence shall not be limited
- Under no circumstances will our total aggregate liability for any event of default exceed £100 for any number of events of default in a calendar year
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any event of default resulting in loss of opportunity, income or goodwill, or any type of special, indirect or consequential loss, even if such loss was reasonably foreseeable
- We will not be liable for any breach of these Terms and Conditions or any failure or delay to provide services through the Website which results from any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, breakdown of systems or network access
- None of the above provisions will affect any of your statutory rights which are not capable of being excluded but in such case our obligation will be limited to the re-supply or, as the case may be, the correction of the relevant content or service. We expressly exclude, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all liability of Bright Network (UK) Ltd, its directors, employees or other representatives, howsoever arising, for any loss suffered as a result of your use of this Website.
9. Intellectual property rights
The intellectual property in all design, text, graphics and other material and the selection or arrangement of such material on the Website is owned by us and/or our respective licensors.
Except as expressly permitted under these Terms and Conditions, you are not permitted to copy, download, store (in any medium), show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the content of these web pages for any purpose whatsoever without the prior written permission of Bright Network which we may refuse in our absolute discretion.
10. Risk of transmission
You should be aware that the internet is not a completely secure or reliable transmission medium and may accordingly give rise to risk of manipulation or attempted fraud.
Neither Bright Network nor any of its directors or employees accepts any liability for any data transmission errors such as data loss or damage or alteration of any kind, including, but not limited to any direct, indirect or consequential damage, arising out of the use of the products or services referred to herein, nor any liability in relation to the confidentiality or security of email communication.
11. Access to the Website
Due to the nature of the Internet, we do not and cannot promise full and error free operation of this Website at all times.
12. Rewards and Referrals
We reward Network Members for referring friends, and if they get hired by one of our client firms. The following Terms and Conditions apply in all cases:
- The “bottle of bubbly” offer is open only to Bright Network members. To qualify for this gift, you must have clicked ‘Apply’ on the relevant opportunity page at www.brightnetwork.co.uk and when directed to the third party recruiters’ page, continue through to completing the application cycle. When asked by the recruiter as to how you heard about the opportunity and/or company you are required to mention Bright Network. If you are then successful, and accept the offer, you will be entitled to receive the gift once you have notified us.
- To be eligible for a referral award you must refer your friend/s through the Website directly using the relevant forms and links. If your friend has already applied to join the Website before you recommended them, then no referral reward is payable by Bright Network.
13. Enquiries or complaints
You can contact us either by logging onto the Website, emailing us at email@example.com, calling the Bright Network offices or writing to us at our registered office address. We may record calls to check the quality of our services or for training, audit or security purposes.
We may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes made, as they are binding on you, but we will give Network Members as much notice of a change as we reasonably can. Some of the provisions contained in these Terms and Conditions may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the Website.
We may also suspend or terminate Bright Network at any time, but we will give as much notice as we reasonably can before we do so. In the event this happens, all Network Member accounts will be suspended or terminated. If we sell or transfer Bright Network to another company we may transfer all of our rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions without any further consent and may disclose or transfer all information we hold about Network Members or prospective Network Members to a prospective or actual new owner. Such a disclosure or transfer will not alter or affect the rights of such Network Members in respect of the use that can be made of such information by such other company.
We reserve the right in our sole discretion to deny you access to the Website and remove you from Bright Network at any time, if:
- You breach these Terms and Conditions, or any applicable partner’s terms and conditions; or
- You are abusive or offensive to any member of our staff or other Network Member.
A Network Member can close his/her Bright Network membership at any time by notifying us. If a Network Member’s membership is closed his/her rights to access any aspect of Bright Network’s services are terminated with affect from the date of notification.
16. Law and jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions and your use of the Website (and any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to these Terms and Conditions, their formation or this Website) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
By using this Website you accept that any dispute under these Terms and Conditions or arising out of use of this Website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to which you submit.
You are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws of the country from which you are accessing this Website.
17. Invitation Codes & Vouchers
All members of Bright Network are given to a unique invitation code. A Bright Network member can share this code with friends. Every time someone clicks on the link and successfully signs up (and receives an accepted membership email from Bright Network) this is recorded on Bright Network. When five new members sign up as a result of that link, Bright Network will notify you of your success and you will be entitled to a voucher for a shop or store of your choice.
This offer is only applicable to new members who have not previously signed up with Bright Network. Any existing member who signs up with a different email as a result of the voucher scheme will be immediately invalidated.
To qualify, all new members must be studying at a a Times Top 20 or Russell Group University, or have at least AAB at A level or equivalent. They must also be graduating between 2014 and 2018.
If you have any difficulty with your invitation code or have any questions then please contact us for further assistance.